Certified Septic Tank Maintenance in Alabama
As a homeowner, you know the importance of regular maintenance to your plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems, but what about your septic system? Without proper maintenance, homeowners may experience a variety of problems that arise from an improperly maintained septic system. That’s where Economy Septic Tank Service comes in.
Our professional team at Economy Septic Tank Service provides septic services of the highest quality. We ensure that your home or business’s septic system stays in top working order to provide long-lasting durability and efficiency. With over 40 years of experience in septic services, you can rest assured that your septic tank services are in certified hands. Our business specializes in septic repair, installation, pump, replacement, and inspections.
How to Properly Maintain Septic Tanks & Septic Systems
Preventative maintenance of a septic system services starts with an annual septic tank inspection by a certified professional to ensure that everything is working correctly. During an inspection, our certified technicians at Economy Septic Tank can identify any problematic areas of your septic system and devise a plan to resolve those issues sooner rather than later to avoid any future damage and expense.
A few things to remember when reviewing the proper maintenance for your septic system to avoid costly repairs include:
During your maintenance appointment, our certified technicians can answer any additional questions and provide a free estimate and insights to help you maintain the health and longevity of your septic system.
Benefits of Having Your Septic Tank System Maintained
Regular maintenance of a septic tank system has several benefits. Here are some of them:
- Prevents system failures: Regular maintenance of a septic tank system can help prevent system failures. System failures can occur due to a variety of reasons, including clogged pipes, damage to the tank, and soil compaction. Regular maintenance can help detect these problems early, allowing them to be addressed before they become major issues. This can save you money on costly repairs and replacements.
- Extends the life of the system: Regular maintenance can also help extend the life of your septic tank system. A properly maintained system can last for several decades, while a poorly maintained one may need to be replaced much sooner. By investing in regular maintenance, you can avoid the expense and hassle of replacing your septic tank system prematurely.
- Saves money: In addition to preventing system failures and extending the life of the system, regular maintenance can also save you money in other ways. For example, a system that is not maintained properly may require more frequent pumping, which can be expensive. By maintaining your system, you can reduce the need for pumping and other costly services.
- Protects the environment: A properly functioning septic tank system is important for protecting the environment. If a septic system is not working properly, it can contaminate soil and water sources, leading to health hazards for humans and animals. Regular maintenance can help ensure that your system is working properly and not posing a threat to the environment.
- Maintains property value: A well-maintained septic tank system is an important factor in maintaining the value of your property. If you are planning to sell your home, a poorly maintained septic system can be a major red flag for potential buyers. By investing in regular maintenance, you can help ensure that your property retains its value.
- Keeps your family healthy: A septic tank system that is not maintained properly can pose health risks to your family and pets. If the system is not functioning properly, it can lead to the release of harmful bacteria and pathogens into your home and yard. Regular maintenance can help ensure that your system is functioning properly and not posing a risk to your family’s health.
Regular maintenance of your septic tank system is important for preventing system failures, extending the life of the system, saving money, protecting the environment, maintaining property value, and keeping your family healthy. By investing in regular maintenance, you can enjoy these benefits and avoid the costly consequences of a poorly maintained septic system.
Schedule a Septic System Maintenance Appointment w/ Economy Septic Tank Service
Proper maintenance of your home or business’s septic system is one of the most important aspects of regular home maintenance. At Economy Septic Tank Service, we understand that routine maintenance of your septic system is key to maintaining its long-lasting durability and efficiency.
As a leader in septic systems in Northern Alabama since 1975, our team has the experience and expertise to provide the necessary maintenance to keep your system in its top working condition. We provide septic systems services throughout Northeastern Alabama, including the counties of:
Give us a call at 256-435-1086 or contact us online to schedule an appointment for septic system maintenance in Northern Alabama.
Septic Tank System Maintenance FAQs
How often should I have my septic tank pumped?
Septic tanks should be pumped every 3-5 years, depending on the size of the tank and the number of people living in the household. Regular pumping helps remove the solid waste that accumulates in the tank over time and prevents it from overflowing into the drain field.
How can I tell if my septic tank needs to be pumped?
Signs that your septic tank needs to be pumped include slow-draining sinks and toilets, foul odors coming from the drains or yard, sewage backup into the house, and standing water in the drain field. If you notice any of these signs, it’s best to call a professional septic service provider to inspect and pump your tank.
What can I do to maintain my septic tank system?
Proper maintenance of a septic tank system includes regular pumping, careful use of water and household cleaners, and avoiding flushing non-biodegradable items down the toilet or drains. Regular inspections and maintenance by a professional can also help ensure that your system is working properly.
Can I use chemical additives to maintain my septic tank system?
While there are many chemical additives marketed as septic tank cleaners, they are generally not necessary and may even harm the system. The best way to maintain your septic tank system is to use it properly, pump it regularly, and have it inspected and maintained by a professional.
What should I do if my septic tank system fails?
If your septic tank system fails, you should immediately stop using water in your house and contact a professional septic service provider. They can inspect your system, identify the cause of the problem, and make the necessary repairs or replacements. It’s important to address septic system failures promptly to avoid health hazards and costly repairs.
Call now to schedule your service.